STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!
Some key points that need addressed in the coming years for SAG-AFTRA are as follows:
1. Travel provisions have been weakened.
2. “Portal-to-Portal” should be reinstated.
3. Our streaming contracts are providing significantly less for members.
4. Less than 17% of our union members earn the $28,000 to qualify them for our SAG-AFTRA health care insurance.
5. Our pension rate has been cut in half, while our staff’s pension rate doubled.
6. Our seniors were booted off of our healthcare, regardless of some member’s lifetime of earnings or qualifying yearly income. Meanwhile, they’re expected to pay dues on their yearly income.
7. Ohio-Pittsburgh does not have Sag-Aftra wages for background. In many cases commercials will pay scale, but not for Feature films & Television shows.
8. Ohio-Pittsburgh needs to showcase local talent! productions that come here often cast the talent before arrival, leaving locals with less work opportunities. We must encourage local hires.
9. There is a general lack of transparency in the leadership of SAG-AFTRA.
10. Many members feel ignored by their “leadership.”
11. Many feel the union needs to be member run again.
12. We need to ENERGIZE our member base.
Ask yourselves: during what period of time, under what circumstances, and Who's watch did all this happen? Have you noticed how much Non Union work is flourishing?
Many issues in this union need to be addressed! As myself and many others feel: if we don't make a difference this election season, our union membership could be pointless in the near future. Grant me the honor to serve as the National Board Member for Ohio-Pittsburgh and I will make it my 24/7 duty, to research and administer the best possible resolutions while voting with my sincere dedication to my Union Brothers and Sisters. Partisan politics behind closed doors have gotten us into this mess! Many Ohio-Pittsburgh members have fought to maintain their SAG-AFTRA cards. Help me, to help you, Fight Stronger!
VOTE JEFF SEICH for National Board Member My office door is always open.
Jeff Seich(330) 412-2343Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org
JEFF SEICH ANNOUNCES BID FOR OHIO-PITTSBURGH SAG-AFTRA NATIONAL BOARD SEAT
MASSILLON, OHIO (5/30/23)--Actor and Stunt Driver Jeff Seich announces bid for SAG-AFTRA Ohio-Pittsburgh Local's National Board Seat. Jeff is a member of SAG-AFTRA in good standing and has been working for over 30 years on Stage, Films, National Television, Local Television, Print work and Commercials totaling over 51 credits.
During this time, Jeff has been on both sides of the camera, has done commercial sponsorship sales, worked many Crew positions, Stunt Driving and more. It is Jeff's firm belief as he states “this Union is supposed to be for the members, all Union Brothers and Sisters, but it seems the Union has been hi-jacked.
After spending many years in the Corporate Headquarters of a Fortune 500 subsidiary company," Jeff says he is completely baffled at how inefficient he feels “SAG-AFTRA has been operating and the current lack of faith by some members”, leaving Jeff no other alternative but to “get involved!” Jeff has recently been collecting RANTS from many members pertaining to issues such as Healthcare, Pension, being ignored, SAG wages for Background in Ohio-Pittsburgh, and more!
This Union is Fractured, and instead of pointing fingers, we need to fix this stagnation and passivity. In the wake of the Pandemic Members are calling for new representation and they want this Union to be Member Run again!
“Together we can fix this.” Jeff says he “will be a Staunch Advocate to the constituency. We will not back down!” Jeff Says “Where is the Great Labor Union SAG-AFTRA once was?”
Jeff wants to thank Many members for reaching out with their feedback and implores them to continue doing so, Spread the word!
Union Member News
The members featured here are in no way a political party or slate. The purpose of this website is to identify independent members not affiliated with any party or faction.
Copyright © 2023 UNION MEMBER NEWS - All Rights Reserved.
UNION MEMBER NEWS